In case you missed it, DockerCon 2018 will take place at Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA on June 13-15, 2018. DockerCon is where the Docker community comes to learn, belong, and collaborate. Attendees are a mix of beginner, intermediate and advanced users who are all looking to level up their skills and go home inspired. With a 2 full days of training, more than 100 sessions, free workshops and hands-on labs, and the wealth of experience brought by each attendee, DockerCon is the place to be if you’re looking to learn Docker in 2018.
Want to go but need information to convince your manager? Here is a document to help you build a case for it including content, budget and reasons why you should attend.
Reason #1: Inspiring and informative breakout sessions
From beginner to experts, DockerCon brings together the brightest minds to talk about all things containers including Docker Platform, Kubernetes, Digital Transformation in the Enterprise, Moby and CNCF projects, Container Security, Service Mesh and more. Although the full schedule won’t be announced until the end of the month, below is a sneak peak of some of the sessions we have lined up:
- Kubernetes extensibility by Tim Hockin and Eric Tune (Google)
- Accelerating Development Velocity of Production ML Systems with Docker by Kinnary Jangla (Pinterest)
- Digital Transformation with Docker, Cloud and DevOps: How JCPenney Handles Black Friday and 100K Deployments Per Year by Sanjoy Mukherjee, (JCPenney)
- Don’t have a Meltdown! Practical Steps for Defending your Apps by Liz Rice (Aqua) and Justin Cormack (Docker)
- Creating Effective Docker Images by Abby Fuller (AWS)
- App Transformation with Docker: 5 Patterns for Success by Elton Stoneman (Docker)
Reason #2: Concrete learnings through Hands-on Labs and Workshops
Hands-on Labs will provide conference attendees with the opportunity to gain experience with various Docker features and use cases. Each lab runs around 45 minutes, covering both introductory and more advanced topics. Labs are self paced, so attendees can learn at their own speed when they have time during the day.
Conference attendees will also get the opportunity to attend free 2 hour hands-on, instructors led workshops.
Reason #3: Effective networking with the Docker Hallway Track
Docker Hallway Track is an innovative platform that helps you find like-minded people to meet one-on-one and share knowledge in a structured way, so you get tangible results from networking.
Useful DockerCon Links:
- Register for DockerCon
- Book your Hotel
- Join the #dockercon slack channel on the Docker Community Slack