On May 2nd, Docker returned to the Newseum to host the second annual Docker Federal Summit. This one day event is designed to bring government agency developers, IT ops, program leaders and the ecosystem together to share and learn about the trends driving change in IT from containers, cloud and devops. We expanded the agenda this year two tracks, with presentations from Docker, ecosystem partners, agency and community leaders to drive discussions, technology deep dives and hands on tutorials.
View the general session replay here:
General session table of content and slides
- 13:05 Iain Gray, SVP Customer Success discusses how Docker delivers a unique secure supply chain for all applications and infrastructure
- 33:35 Nathan McCauley, Director Security Engineering discusses the principles of least privilege design on which Docker is built
- 55:30 Modernize Traditional Apps to gain portability, security and efficiency without changing source code
- 59:13 Banjot Chanana, Senior Director Products delivers an overview and demo of Docker Enterprise Edition
In addition, the following breakout sessions dove deeper into pragmatic advice, security, development, cloud and compliance.
- Lessons Learned from Deploying Containers in Production featuring a panel discussion with Booz Allen Hamilton, JIDO, GSA and USCIS
- Scaling and Securing Applications on Your Terms featuring Doug Gebert, HPE Deputy CTO for DISA and DoD
- Supercharge Modern App Development with Azure Government and Docker featuring Eddie Villalba and Steve Michelotti
- Federal Compliance Panel Discussion featuring Andrew Weiss, Susie Adams, James Scott and Greg Elin
- Docker Secure Substrate for Container Apps featuring Riyaz Faizullabhoy and Andy Clemenko
For hands on training, the Federal Summit offered tutorials on Modernizing .NET apps, Docker Orchestration and Deploying Apps with Docker Enterprise Edition. These hands on labs are now available publicly for anyone interested in learning more about Docker.
Last but not least – Thank you to our event sponsors.
Continue your Docker journey with these helpful links
- Try Docker Enterprise Edition for free
- Learn more about Docker in Government
- Register for an upcoming Docker webinar