Ajeet talked about the best ways to use Docker 1.12 Service Discovery and shared key takeaways. Viktor talked about best practices for setting a Swarm cluster and integrating it with HAProxy. Bret concluded the meetup with a presentation on Docker 1.12 command options and aliases including cli aliases for quick container management; the shortest path to secure production-ready swarm; how to use cli filters for easier management of larger swarms; and docker remote cli security setup.
- Scaling and clustering with Docker Swarm by Docker Captain Viktor Farcic
- Docker cli Tips and Tricks by Docker Captain Bret Fisher
Want to learn more about Docker 1.12 and orchestration? Check out these resources:
- Docker 1.12.1 on Raspberry Pi 3 in 5 minutes by Docker Captain Ajeet Singh Raina
- Docker Docs: Understand Docker container network
- Docker 1.12 Release Notes
- Docker Blog: Docker 1.12: Now With Built-In Orchestration!
- Scale a real microservice with Docker 1.12 Swarm Mode by Docker Captain Alex Ellis
- Docker 1.12 orchestration built-in by Docker Captain Gianluca Arbezzano