When we released Docker 1.10 and Docker Compose 1.6 on February 4th, we provided you with an easy way to build a fully featured and scalable app. It’s amazing what you can do with just one simple file.
I am constantly impressed what a docker-compose up gets you now. Networks and Volumes are now first class citizens of Docker Compose. That gives you a lot of control, allowing you to for instance put individual services on more than one network, and easily share volumes.
I wanted to share with you how you can also use this functionality, so naturally, I turned it into a video. Using the example voting app we built for DockerCon EU 2015, here is a walk through of how it works:
And if you want more info on the Docker Compose v2 file format, check out my earlier video:
Look fun? Give it a try and share your experience with us:
Learn More about Docker
- New to Docker? Try our 10 min online tutorial
- Share images, automate builds, and more with a free Docker Hub account
- Read the Docker 1.10 Release Notes
- Subscribe to Docker Weekly
- Sign up for upcoming Docker Online Meetups
- Attend upcoming Docker Meetups
- Register for DockerCon 2016
- Watch DockerCon EU 2015 videos
- Start contributing to Docker