Today, we’re excited to share with you the final batch of speakers selected by the DockerCon Community Review Committee. We feel extremely fortunate to have such an amazing and diverse speaker lineup. From Docker use cases to DevOps culture talks and deep technical dives into the Docker ecosystem, there will be awesome content for everyone!
In case you missed the it, we’ve already announced many DockerCon speakers.
Alaina Percival – CEO
Women Who Code
Birds of Different Feathers Soar Together
Many organizations start with a spark of creativity, collaboration and the desire to challenge conventional wisdom. As companies begin to scale, they face challenges of maintaining an environment that encourages creativity and fosters innovation. A diverse body of talent with unique life experiences and perspectives is one of the essential ingredients to the long-term success of an organization.
Moderated by Alaina Percival, CEO of Women Who Code, this panel of leaders in technology innovation will discuss approaches in building high performance teams and a culture of creativity.
Adrian Cockcroft, Technology Fellow at Battery Ventures
Dana Oshiro, Director of Programs at Heavybit
Marianna Tessel, SVP Engineering at Docker
Wayne Sutton, General Partner at BUILDUP.vc
Use Case Track
Mohit Soni – Software Engineer
Ashish Hunnargikar – Software Engineer
PayPal Goes Beyond CI to Production Scale PaaS with Docker
What a difference a year makes. Last year Paypal presented on scaling a CI infrastructure with Docker, Mesos and Jenkins. Over the past year we worked on integrating Docker to the core of our PaaS ecosystem. We are Dockerizing the entire PayPal application ecosystem consisting of polyglot Java, Node.js, Scala, C++ and Python frameworks. In this journey we have introduced HA Docker Registry with ElasticSearch search plugin using both OpenStack Swift and Cinder storage, cross-data center ATS server smart image caching along with a developer-friendly boot2docker fig/compose workflow for Kraken (open source nodeJS) stack. This we believe has the potential to become one of the largest financial services production deployment of Docker.
will take place on Monday, June 22 at 4:20 pm and on Tuesday, June 23 at 3:00 pm in in Yerba Buena 3-6
Jeff Lindsay – Co-Founder
Weihan Wang – Core Maintainer
Nick Kraly – Director of Product Design and UX
Travis Reeder – Co-founder
Diogo Monica – Security Lead
Birds of a Feather
will take place on both conference days during lunch in Golden Gate A-C
- Making Docker Enterprise Ready
- Hardware based integrity assurance for Docker Host and Docker Images
- Microsoft and Docker
- Join EMC & Docker to discuss Persistent Data and Microservices
- Lesson Learned: HP’s Journey to Containerization via Docker
- Docker in production: solving for security, performance, and simplicity
- Ephemeral Servers: How Docker Effects Software Development and Production
- DevOps Against Humanity (just like the card game but even DevOp-ier!)
- Contributing to the Docker Community
We have several more BoF planned with Docker team members on Docker! Check out the full list here: dockercon.com/agenda
Want to get involved and help at DockerCon? We have exciting opportunities for Docker community volunteers! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Stay tuned for more announcements!
– The DockerCon Team
Learn More about Docker
- New to Docker? Try our 10 min online tutorial
- Share images, automate builds, and more with a free Docker Hub account
- Read the Docker 1.6 Release Notes
- Subscribe to Docker Weekly
- Register for upcoming Docker Online Meetups
- Attend upcoming Docker Meetups
- Register for DockerCon 2015
- Start contributing to Docker