This year’s summit reflected what is top of mind for government organizations, namely IT modernization and what that means for infrastructure, applications, data and the workforce. As mentioned in the keynote address, the line between government IT and private sector IT is blurring now more than ever. From the priorities outlined in the White House IT Modernization Report to the discussions at the recent IT modernization summit, the themes focus on results of better customer service and better stewardship of tax dollars.
Better customer service translates into improving existing services, delivering new services and increasing transparency. To that end, government organizations are taking cues from industry to see how the latest technology and best practices can be applied and adapted to meet the added requirements of government. The agenda featured speakers from government agencies, higher ed, system integrators and industry partners providing practical insight from their own transformation initiatives and deep dives into the modern technology stack.
Watch these featured videos from the event:
- General Session: Banjot Chanana, Docker Senior Director Enterprise Product
- Fireside Chat: Nick Sinai, Insight Ventures Partner and David Shive, GSA CIO
- Case Study: Arjuna Rivera, Lockheed Martin i2Labs Lead
- Case Study: Leo Garciga, JIDO CTO
- Cyber Security Engineering: Zac Staples, Fathom5 CEO
- Containers in Government: Aidan Feldman, 18F Innovation Engineer
- Automating Security and Compliance: David Waltermire, NIST Security Automation Architect, Anil Karmel, C2 Labs CEO, and Andrew Weiss, Docker Solutions Engineer
To learn more about Docker Enterprise Edition:
- Learn more about Docker EE and get a free trial today
- Check out Docker for Government
- Register for DockerCon San Francisco