DockerCon 2017 is for the hackers, the makers and those who want to build the best distributed apps with containers. In April, 5,000 of the best and brightest will come together to share and learn from different experiences, diverse backgrounds, and common interests. We know that part of what makes DockerCon so special is what happens in the hallways, not just the main stage. Those spontaneous connections between attendees, and the endless networking and learning opportunities, are where the most meaningful interactions occur.
If you haven’t been to a DockerCon yet, you may not know what you are missing. To try to explain why DockerCon 2017 is a must attend conference, we took the liberty of putting together the Top 5 reasons to join us April 17-20 in Austin, Texas.
- The.Best.Content. From beginner to deep dive, DockerCon brings together the brightest minds to talk about their passion. Those passions range from tracing containers, building containers from scratch, monitoring and storage, to creating effective images. The list goes on.
- Experts Everywhere. Want to meet the maintainers and tech leads of the Docker project? DockerCon! The community members that put together the coolest IoT hack to make walking in between sessions fun? DockerCon! What about chatting directly with the developers and IT professionals at Fortune 500 enterprises that are transforming their organizations by using Docker? DockerCon!
- A Hallway Track like you’ve never experienced. DockerCon took conference networking to a new level last year with Bump Up. We can’t wait to share what we have planned this year that will make connecting, learning, and sharing with other like-minded attendees one of the most valuable takeaways of the event.
- DockerCon For All. DockerCon will always be an open and inclusive event for all. We are excited to announce the launch of this year’s DockerCon Diversity Scholarship. The scholarship’s purpose is to provide financial support and guidance to members of the Docker Community who are traditionally underrepresented through on-site mentorship and a scholarship to attend DockerCon.
- Community & Docker Swag. As a part of Docker’s community, you already know that it rocks, thanks to you! Now just imagine the energy when 5,000 of us are in one room doing what we love! Now imagine we all just got the most amazing Docker swag to top it off! We are talking backpacks, t-shirts, umbrellas, scarves, LEGO whales – this year will be no exception.
We hope you’ve read to this point and are so inspired to be a part of something innovative and unique that you’ll join us in Austin for DockerCon 2017. And in case you need some extra help convincing a manager to let you go, we’ve put together a few more resources and a request letter for you to use.