In case you missed it, Solomon Hykes (Docker Founder and CTO) open sourced InfraKit during his keynote address at LinuxCon Europe in Berlin last month. InfraKit is a declarative management toolkit for orchestrating infrastructure built by two Docker core team engineers, David Chung and Bill Farner. Read this blog post to learn more about InfraKit origins, internals and plugins including groups, instances and flavors.
- Star the project on GitHub to follow issues and development
- Help define and implement new and interesting plugins
- Instance plugins to support different infrastructure providers
- Flavor plugins to support a variety of systems like etcd or mysql clusters
- Group controller plugins like metrics-driven auto scaling and more
- Help define interfaces and implement new infrastructure resource types for things like load balancers, networks and storage volume provisioners
Check out the InfraKit repository README for more info, a quick tutorial and to start experimenting — from plain files to Terraform integration to building a Zookeeper ensemble. Have a look, explore and send us a PR or open an issue with your ideas!