The last week of September 2016 is over and you know what that means; another Docker news roundup. Highlights include, a new commercial relationship between Docker and Microsoft, general availability of Docker containers on Windows Server 2016, and consolidation of Docker documentation on GitHub! As we begin a new week, let’s recap our five hottest stories:
- Docker and Microsoft Partnership Docker announced a Commercial Partnership with Microsoft that doubles the container market by extending Docker Engine to Windows Server 2016.
- Docker for Windows Server 2016 Microsoft announced general availability of Windows Server 2016, one of the most exciting new aspect of the announcement is that containers on Windows are powered by Docker.
- Containers for Windows a step-by-step guide on containerized workload, the various components, such as the Docker client tools, the Docker daemon, and the virtual machine host for running containers by Bruno Terkaly.
- New Docs Repo on GitHub announcement of consolidation of all Docker documentation into a new single Pages-based repository on GitHub.
- Image2Docker a new prototyping tool created by Docker Captain Trevor Sullivan for Windows VMs that shows how to replicate a VM Image to a Docker container.