It’s time for your weekly roundup! Get caught up on the top Docker news including; expansion into China through a commercial partnership with Alibaba Cloud, announcement of DockerCon 2017, and information on the upcoming Global Mentor Week. As we begin a new week, let’s recap the top five most-read stories of the week of October 9, 2016:
- Alibaba Cloud Partnership Docker expands into China market through new partnership with the Alibaba Group, the world’s largest retail commerce group. The focus of the partnership is to provide a China-based Docker Hub, enable Alibaba to resell Docker’s commercial offerings, and create a “Docker For Alibaba Cloud”.
- DockerCon 2017 a three day, conference organized by Docker. This year’s US edition will take place in Austin, TX and continue to build on the success of previous events as it grows and reflects Docker’s established ecosystem and ever-growing community.
- Global Mentor Week is a global event series aimed at providing Docker training to both newcomers and intermediate users. Participants will work through self-paced labs that will be available through an online Learning Management System (LMS). There will be different labs for different skill levels, Developers, Ops, Linux and Windows users.
- Docker on Windows – check out this blog on three tips for setting a solid foundation and improving the Docker on Windows experience from Elton Stoneman.
- SQL Server 2016 was publicly available this week and SQL Server 2016 Express Edition in Windows Containers is now available on Docker Hub. In addition, the build scripts will be hosted on the SQL Server Samples GitHub repository and the image can be used in both Windows Server Containers as well as Hyper-V Containers.