At last year’s DockerCon EU 2015, we offered Hands-on Labs to attendees for the first time and the feedback was really positive! So much so, we are stoked to announce that we’re bringing them back for DockerCon 2016 coming up in Seattle on June 19-21.
What are Hands-on Labs?
Hands-on Labs afford DockerCon attendees the opportunity to test drive Docker’s various technologies in a cloud-hosted environment. They are designed to be self-paced, and are completed on the attendee’s laptop. But, don’t worry, since everything is done in the cloud, most labs only require you to have SSH (or RDP for the Windows labs) installed on your machine – the only exception to this requirement is if you want to test drive the new Docker for Mac or Windows beta.
And how do they work?
The Hands-on Labs will be available for all attendees to complete throughout the entire conference in the Ecosystem Expo. They are included as part of your DockerCon 2016 registration!
All you need to do to participate is walk up to the Hands-on Labs check-in desk with your laptop, and give us an email address. We’ll then email you the login information to a set of Microsoft Azure-based virtual machines on which you can complete one several different labs.
The slate of technologies that will be featured include:
- Docker Open Source: Check out the latest features and innovations in the open source project.
- Docker Cloud: Deploy services and applications using Docker’s SaaS-based management platform.
- Docker Datacenter: Deploy services and applications using Docker’s on-premises management platform.
- Docker for Mac / Docker for Windows: Use our latest developer-focused tools to create containerized apps locally, and deploy them to the cloud.
- Docker Windows Technologies: Go hands-on with Windows Server 2016 technical preview, and see how Microsoft and Docker have brought Docker containers to the full spectrum of Microsoft’s technology stack.
Each lab is designed to take about 45 minutes, and you can do one or all of them at your own pace. We’ll also make the lab guides available after the conference so you can run them on your own infrastructure later and share them with colleagues.
Plus, you’ll get extra bonus points for the Bump Up! at DockerCon challenge by spending time in the Hands-on Labs!
Check out the Hands-on Labs from DockerCon EU 2015 get an idea of what to expect at the Hands-on Labs at DockerCon 2016.
Learn More about Docker
- New to Docker? Try our 10 min online tutorial
- Share images, automate builds, and more with a free Docker Hub account
- Read the Docker 1.11 Release Notes
- Subscribe to Docker Weekly
- Sign up for upcoming Docker Online Meetups
- Attend upcoming Docker Meetups
- Register for DockerCon 2016
- Watch DockerCon EU 2015 videos
- Start contributing to Docker