It’s been less than two months since Docker Universal Control Plane (UCP) became generally available as part of the Docker Datacenter (DDC) subscription. With DDC, organizations are able to set up a Containers as a Service (CaaS) application environment on-premises/VPC to support their security or compliance requirements. UCP provides the orchestration and management layer to this environment so IT teams can deploy and manage their Docker host cluster and apps securely at scale.
UCP makes it easy for IT teams to deploy and manage the nodes, cluster, apps, containers and users in a controlled environment. In this whiteboard video series featuring Vivek Saraswat, the product manager for UCP, you’ll get a breakdown of the UCP architecture.
You can view the entire the six video playlist here:
- UCP Introduction: Get a high level overview and architecture of UCP with Swarm-based orchestration
- Installation: See how to install UCP and join nodes to your cluster with a few simple commands
- Out of the Box Security: See how UCP secures the environment with TLS and CAs
- High Availability: Get an architectural overview of how HA works with the UCP controllers
- Granular Access Control: See how to set up Role Based Access Control manually or integrate to LDAP/AD
- Trusted Registry Integration: See how UCP and DTR work together to provide a seamless workflow for app teams
Try Docker Universal Control Plane today!
Complimentary for 30 days as part of the Docker Datacenter trial
We hope you enjoyed the video series and that it has peaked your interest in giving Docker Universal Control Plane a try! To learn more about UCP, watch this demo webinar, read this white paper about Containers as a Service with Docker and sign up for a free 30-day trial.
Learn More about Docker
- New to Docker? Try our 10 min online tutorial
- Share images, automate builds, and more with a free Docker Hub account
- Read the Docker 1.11 Release Notes
- Subscribe to Docker Weekly
- Sign up for upcoming Docker Online Meetups
- Attend upcoming Docker Meetups
- Register for DockerCon 2016
- Watch DockerCon EU 2015 videos
- Start contributing to Docker