It’s been three years since the Docker project launched, and it’s been a bit of a whirlwind. In just the past year, we’ve nearly tripled the number of employees and contributors, launched a broad set of both open source and commercial products, and have found ourselves at the center of an industry transformation.
To keep pace with our accelerated growth, we’ve decided to re-code our organization to better align with our vision and growth plans for Docker. To that end, we are announcing a couple of promotions and one new addition to the Docker management team.
- To bring additional focus on partners, Marianna Tessel has been promoted into a new role as EVP of Strategic Development. Marianna brings a rare combination of technical skill, industry knowledge, and prior experience building vibrant ecosystems with hundreds of partners. She will be working closely with Nick Stinemates to create scalable and compelling partnerships and opportunities for the broader ecosystem.
- To align our organization to support our continued growth, Scott Johnston has been promoted into a new role as Chief Operating Officer. He will be spearheading strategic initiatives to ensure that we have healthy, sustainable, and coordinated growth efforts across all our user communities – both open source and commercial.
- Finally, we are creating a unified product organization, which will be led by Marc Verstaen, our new EVP of Product Development. Marc has been a CEO three times, was part of the engineering leadership at Apple, and has been a board member of Docker since the dotCloud days. Marc has delivered killer products spanning enterprise, operating systems, developer tools, and both client-side and server side cloud offerings. He also brings experience with both Mac and Windows! While we’ll miss having Marc on the board, we’ll be glad to have him now as a full-time member of the team.
Solomon Hykes will be taking on the additional role of Chief Product Officer. He will work hand in hand with Marc, and will continue to drive the product architecture, design, roadmap, and vision for the company, across both open source software and commercial products.
We would like to thank Marianna, Scott and the team for their incredible contributions to Docker to date. We look forward to the ideas and innovations that will result from Marianna, Scott and Solomon taking on these news roles and are excited about the experience and creativity Marc will infuse into the leadership team!
Learn More about Docker
- New to Docker? Try our 10 min online tutorial
- Share images, automate builds, and more with a free Docker Hub account
- Read the Docker 1.10 Release Notes
- Subscribe to Docker Weekly
- Sign up for upcoming Docker Online Meetups
- Attend upcoming Docker Meetups
- Register for DockerCon 2016
- Watch DockerCon EU 2015 videos
- Start contributing to Docker