Today we are proud to announce the immediate general availability of Docker Cloud. And we are excited to invite and welcome everyone of you to try it out. Docker Cloud is the name of the new cloud service by Docker that expands on the features of Tutum, brings a tighter integration with Docker Hub, and provides new updates and fixes.
In many ways, Docker Cloud is the manifestation of the generally available Tutum that users have been clamoring for, but Docker Cloud is much more than that. Over the past few months our team has been hard at work building native integration with Docker Hub, Docker ID (the new shared account system across all Docker services), Docker official repositories, commercially supported Docker Engine (CS Engine), and adding a new forum for all Docker Cloud discussions.
Docker Cloud is where developers and IT ops meet to build, ship and run any application, anywhere. With Docker Cloud you can easily:
- Deploy and scale any application to your cloud in seconds, with just a few clicks
- Continuously deliver your code with integrated and automated build, test, and deployment workflows
- Get visibility across all your containers across your entire infrastructure
- Access the service programmatically via a RESTful API or a developer friendly CLI tool
- and much more…
And we’re just getting started. The team is focused on delivering many new features over the next months. These include: adding collaboration capabilities for teams and organizations and continuing to expand the Docker platform capabilities available as a service in Docker Cloud.
To help you get started with Docker Cloud, we’re giving a free first node and private repository to everyone that logs in with their Docker ID at https://cloud.docker.com. We can’t wait for you to try it out for yourself, and experience how easy it is to manage all your applications and infrastructure using Docker Cloud. In order to make Docker Cloud universally accessible, it is being offered through a simple consumption-based pricing model. You’ll be happy to learn that additional nodes are available at only $0.02/node/hour (including email & in-app support).
We’d also like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of our early beta users – without your support and feedback we wouldn’t find ourselves here today. Furthermore, we’d like to invite you to join us in congratulating the Docker Cloud team on reaching this milestone. And challenge them to continue building truly innovative software to improve how our customers build, ship and run their applications in the cloud.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Get started today for free
- Read docs and tutorials
- Register for the webinar on March 8th at 10am PT
- Questions? Submit to Docker Forums
Learn More about Docker
- New to Docker? Try our 10 min online tutorial
- Share images, automate builds, and more with a free Docker Hub account
- Read the Docker 1.10 Release Notes
- Subscribe to Docker Weekly
- Sign up for upcoming Docker Online Meetups
- Attend upcoming Docker Meetups
- Register for DockerCon 2016
- Watch DockerCon EU 2015 videos
- Start contributing to Docker