Last Thursday, 15 Docker employees spent a half day volunteering at the San Francisco – Marin Food Bank joining 25,000 other individuals who contribute 142,000 hours worth of service each year helping those in the need.
The impact of the Food Bank is enormous when you look at what the organization is able to accomplish annually:
- 47 million pounds of food will be delivered throughout San Francisco and Marin
- 225,000 people will be nourished through our programs
- 107,000 meals worth of food will be distributed each and every day
- 30,000 families will receive wholesome foods at our pantries each week
- 10,000 children will be served fresh, healthy snacks in the classroom each school day
- 450 community partners will rely on us to supply their meal and food programs
To take a bite out of the amazing numbers listed above, we setup an assembly line packaging one pound packages of rice and in only three hours time we were able to help impact the lives for 3,200 individuals, families, neighbors and community members who have fallen on hard times.
If you’d like to volunteer your time at the food bank, they are open 7 days a week and signing up is a breeze! All you’ve got to do is check out the volunteer schedule and setup a time for you to spend the morning or an afternoon giving back and improving the lives of those in our community. It doesn’t take much to make a world of difference!