Here’s a video going over the Postgres install we did with Ted at the last meetup. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2768314/docker%20demo%201%20postgres.mov
A quick overview of what happens there:
1. Upload a base ubuntu quantal image
2. Run a container from the base image, generate locales, commit the changes to the image
3. Run a new container from the upgraded base image, install postgres, commit a new ‘pg’ image
4. Run a pg container, tweak the configuration, commit.
5. Run a new container, create a dummy database and table, commit.
6. One more throw-away container, run the init script to figure out the full command-line.
7. Run the container with the command-line. It works! You now have a reusable postgres container.
Total time: 6mn.